Friday, June 14, 2013

Kenley's Playlist #7

Next to Me


This is a relatively new song on my playlist.  I heard it for the first time about two weeks ago, and I instantly loved it.   It's uptempo and has a positive beat and melody.   It's fairly impossible to listen to this song without moving some part of your body to the rhythm.  (Try it)  There's really no mystery about the meaning of the lyrics.  She has a man who stands by her no matter what - and she is confident in that fact.  Of all the unsavory things he could be doing - he isn't doing any of them.  He is right there next to her.   The verse that really hits home for me is this one:  

 When the skies are grey and all the doors are closing
And the rising pressure makes it hard to breathe
When all I need's a hand to stop the tears from falling
I will find him, I’ll find him next to me

Kenley's death is a closed door for me.   And sometimes, I really could liken this time to standing in a dark hallway - anxious and alone and wondering why all of this happened.  Paralyzed with grief.  But, with Mike next to me, I can do this.   I can get through this because he is here with me - and I am secure in the knowledge that he always will be.    He is my oxygen in this void.  With him next to me, I can do anything.  Even survive the death of our daughter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment