Friday, June 7, 2013

Kenley's Playlist #3

Somewhere Over the Rainbow


No, not the one sung by Judy Garland, although that one is nice too.    This is the Somewhere Over the Rainbow sung by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, a Hawaiian singer who does magical things with a Ukulele.    This song is relaxing and soothing and it reminds me of the early stages of dating Mike.  Somehow, we discovered this song together and listened to it often.  It makes me think of a simpler time.  A time when we would take a spur of the moment trip to St. Augustine just because we could.   A time when our greatest problem was wondering whether or not the milk should be used today or if we could stretch it till Thursday.   And, obviously, it reminds me of our honeymoon, which was, despite how cliche it sounds, the best time of my life.   The video I pulled from Youtube really shows the natural beauty of the island.   If you haven't been, start saving your money now.   Some people say Hawaii is over rated.  I think those people need to get over themselves.  Those are probably the same people who dissect the plot of romantic comedies or sci-fi movies in order to find unrealistic events or characters.  Or who will rattle off the calorie count of the delicious meal you are enjoying just to prove their point that restaurant portions are too big.   Shut up and enjoy yourself, geez!   Sometimes, you just need to take a breath, close your eyes, and recognize your life for what it is.  This moment - right now.   That's what this song does for me.  It gives me a moment of peace and joy, and that is exactly what I need.  


No comments:

Post a Comment