Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hey You Guys

The movie The Goonies is one of my favorite movies of all time.  It's one of those movies I loved as a child and it still holds my love today. (Sadly, The Care Bears Movie, which caused me to try to "Care Bear Stare" my way out of troublesome situations as a young child, was unable to stand that test of time.)    For those of you unfamiliar with this cinematic masterpiece, it's the story of a group of kids who search for pirate treasure in hopes of saving their neighborhood from becoming a golf course.   In the face of danger and adversity, they form an unbreakable bond with each other.  In the end, they find more than just treasure, they find each other.  They find true friendship. 

This last month of my life has been full of adversity.  I have lived within a hurricane of pain and emotion.  I have been thrashed against the rocks.  I have been broken into millions of pieces.  But you, my readers, my friends, you have been there for it all.  You have been beside me while I have moaned and cried out in agony.   You stood by me amidst the rocks and extended your hand, knowing it was really all you could do.   I am not "fixed".  I am still finding my footing - and I will continue to fall again and again.    I will probably always be a little bit broken.  There will always be a piece of me that is missing - and the rest of me will never really fit back together properly.  I know that some days will be better than others.  I know that time will help me heal.   But, you have also helped me heal.  Through reading these words and sending me pictures of my daughter's name, you are a part of my recovery.  

Thank you for being a part of this journey, which is far from over.  You might not think you are able to make a difference, but you already have.   I appreciate all of you.  Every day.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment