Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Kenley's Playlist #9

You Picked Me

It may come as a huge surprise to you all, but I was extremely picky when it came to dating.  (shock and awe, right?)  I had absolutely no intention whatsoever to settle for someone who didn't make my heart completely soar.  If a guy didn't meet my expectations, I didn't give them the time of day.  I had better things to do with my time.  Like have a completely fantastic time with my friends and mold myself into the person I am today.  I wasn't about to let a guy tell me who I was.   I was the type of girl a guy had to work for - and not many were willing to put in the effort.   So, as a result, I was basically single until I was thirty.  I don't regret one second either.  Not just because I met Mike and he is the right guy for me - but because I think that every girl needs to take the time to find out who she is and what she wants without the distraction of what boys think about her.  There is a phrase in this song that says "Like an apple on the tree, hiding out behind the leaves, I was difficult to reach, but you picked me."   I am no picnic.  I am independent and opinionated and I very rarely do something if I don't want to do it.  But, I am worth it.

This song was in the running for what I would walk down the aisle to at my wedding, but it was a little too fast and a little too alternative for what I wanted.  So, it was shelved.  But, I still love it because it makes me think of the effort Mike put in to get me, the catch that both of us are, and how we are meant to be together in this life.  We picked each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment