So, Bean's name is....
Here's how her name connects to the clues:
1. Her middle name is found in children's literature.
While, technically, the book Madeline is pronounced Made-LINE, Bean's middle name will be pronounced Made-lynn.
2. Her first name can be associated with the numbers 40, 115, 126, and 11.
-The New Zealand Piper is a fish that can grow to be 40 cm long.
-Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper is a NASA astronaut who was a mission specialist on STS 115 and 126
-And, obviously...11 pipers piping!
3. Her first name has connections to Pink Floyd and ABBA
Piper at the Gates of Dawn was Pink Floyd's debut album and "The Piper" is a song from ABBA's Super Trouper album.
4. In a Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon like thread, her first name connects first to a character in The Hunger Games and then to a company with ties in Florida.
Seneca Crane is the first gamemaker in The Hunger Games. The Piper Seneca is a lightweight aircraft designed and built by Piper Aircraft, which has a facility in Vero Beach Florida.
5. Although not named after anyone, her middle name is related to a character in the bible. Madeline actually means, "Woman of Magdala", which connects to Mary Magdalene.
6. If you took both of her names and laid them across a scrabble board horizontally, going across the center star, you would earn 60 points.
This one needs a picture to explain:
|If only I'd used the French spelling, I could have gotten triple word score!|
Naming Bean was no easy task. When we named Kenley, we went through so many names that just weren't unique enough - or too unique. I threw out so many, and I didn't want to resort to my "trash" pile to name Bean. If they weren't good enough for Kenley, they weren't good enough for Bean. Every name I came across just didn't fit her quite right. One day, Mike tossed around the name "Piper". While I liked it, I thought at first it would be better as a middle name. However, whenever I found another name I kind of liked, Piper sounded better as the first. With a quirky name as a first name, I wanted a classic name as a middle...like with Kenley. Long story short, we decided our Bean would be Piper Madeline.
Here are a few other beautiful images from our photo shoot, courtesy of our wonderful photographer friend Jeanee James:
|The magic of photoshop shows my ninja and my rainbow together. I love my girls.|
Bean's birthday is scheduled for April 28th. I am terrified, excited, and overwhelmed. I just want her to get here already. I can do this...